Get snapping to be in with a chance of winning an Amazon Fire 7
Frost on the berries in Robins Wood, shimmering ice on Serpentine Lake or tell-tale paw prints on newly fallen snow, what does life in Hampton in winter mean for you?
Whether you’re an amateur photographer or photography enthusiast, we’re looking for entrants to take some snaps covering different aspects of life in the Hamptons that best depict the community in winter.
This is all about capturing a moment in time that reflects the beauty to be seen in the Hamptons during the coldest of the seasons.
The judges’ favourite shots will be divided into two categories – adult and junior (16s and under) – and we have two terrific Amazon Fire 7 tablets to give away.
How to enter
Entry is completely free and you can submit up to five photos. The competition runs from 1 February – 21 March 2016.
In keeping with the competition theme, your pictures need to be taken within the Hamptons – the Parish Council area – which we’ll stretch to include Crown Lakes Country Park.
If you take any pictures including people (seeing folk wrapped up warm in woolly hats and scarves would obviously lend well to the theme!), please make sure you seek their permission to feature in your shots before sending your photo/s in.
We’re also hoping to use as many of your pictures as possible, with full credit given, to brighten up the photo galleries on our website and Flickr pages as well as the Hampton Gazette Facebook page – so by entering you will be giving us permission to do so.
The usual small print on the competition rules follows here and we look forward to seeing your wintry snaps very soon!
Competition terms and conditions
- The promoter is: O&H Hampton Ltd whose registered office is Hempsted Barn, 285 London Road, Peterborough PE7 0LD.
- Professional photographers whose main income is derived from photography, and employees of O&H Properties and the Hampton Gazette, are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The winners in the adult and junior categories will be chosen by O&H Hampton and the Hampton Gazette.
- No entry fee is required and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 21 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and use of their entry in any O&H promotional material including the website, Flickr pages and Hampton Gazette Facebook page.
- The winners agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity about the competition.
- Anyone can request a list of the winners’ names by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the address given above. This information will be available 28 days after the closing date.