About the Hamptons
The Hamptons are a series of thriving village communities to the south of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, boasting a rich community life, great facilities and extensive open space and parkland.
With a wide range of properties throughout the 2,500 acre site and more new homes coming soon, The Hamptons has become one of the most sought-after areas in East Anglia for couples, growing families and those seeking a relaxed retirement.
As a location, The Hamptons is among the most environmentally-sustainable in the region and enjoys an enviable reputation for safety, good access and the quality of the development.
Positioned on the doorstep of a historic cathedral city, yet set among beautiful countryside, The Hamptons offer the best of all worlds: excellent local schools, a safe and healthy environment, strong neighbourhoods with lots going on, plus Peterborough’s fantastic transport links, economic opportunities and bustling cultural and sporting life. The Hamptons is on the Oxford - Cambridge Growth Arc, which will bring investment for new and existing infrastructure and even better job prospects.
Explore our interactive community map for a flavour of Hamptons’ life and opportunities.
If you're looking for a new home in the Hamptons, take a look at what new homes sites are opening soon.
The Hamptons through the seasons
Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter - all throughout the year, the Hamptons community makes the most of the beautiful open spaces, the local facilities and the opportunities to just have fun.
5 top reasons why people choose the Hamptons
- Communities with character - each community is a unique and distinct entity, linked to the whole by a web of green corridors. Whether you yearn for a high-rise on the waterfront, or a cottage by the village green, you'll find it here.
- Jobs, jobs and more jobs - The Hamptons is an expanding employment hub. Its jobs to homes ratio is 1.25, compared to the national average of 0.75. It’s home to two business parks housing big-name businesses. And it has fantastic transport links to the booming city of Peterborough.
- Village lifestyle, city choices - culture and sport, top-name shops, thriving clubs and societies: they’re all on your doorstop. Peterborough’s bright lights are just 15 minutes away, London Kings Cross is less than an hour.
- Education at its core - from pre-school to sixth form, The Hamptons caters for all. Currently home to three excellent primary schools, with two more planned for the near future. There are superb facilities for 11-19s at Hampton College Secondary School and Hampton Gardens School.
- Nature everywhere - half the total area of The Hamptons is green space. Parklands, woodlands and lakes are on every doorstep – a paradise for walkers, runners, cyclists, nature-watchers, watersports fans and anyone who loves unwinding outdoors.
"The amenities are just fantastic with everything you need right on your doorstep, beautiful landscapes and such a sense of 'community', more than anywhere I've lived before. I LOVE living in Hampton!"
"It feels as if there is a lot happening here now, and there is a really vibrant community. When you travel round the country you see how it could have become a soulless township like so many others, but there is a fantastic community spirit here."
The first of the Hamptons to be built, starting in 1997, Hampton Hargate has now matured into a peaceful and relaxed community where people know their neighbours...
Buzzy and friendly, there is always something going on in Hampton Vale. At its heart is the community centre with clubs and activities for every age group...
Outline planning permission now exists for up to 3,195 dwellings in the Hamptons East in addition to employment, community and open spaces...
Set on a dramatic promontory, Hampton Heights will provide 350 contemporary homes with strong links to Haddon Lake and the Peterborough Green Wheel cycle route...